As a Sanlam Reality member, you want absolute assurance that your personal information is safe and secure with us. We at Sanlam Reality are aware of this and we are committed to your privacy rights. We therefore outline our commitment to you here:
- We will safeguard, according both to our own strict standards of security and confidentiality and to the relevant South African legislation, any information you share with us.
- We will permit only authorised Sanlam and Sanlam Reality employees, who are trained in the proper handling of member information, access to your information.
- Any employees who violate our privacy promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary procedure.
- We will not reveal your information to any external organisation, unless we have previously informed you in disclosures or agreements; unless we have been authorised to do so by you, the member; or unless we are required to do so by law.
- We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of your information.
- We may, however, facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. These companies are not permitted to retain any of your information, unless you specially express interest in their product services.
- Whenever we hire other organisations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- You hereby consent that your personal and financial information pertaining to your membership of Sanlam Reality may be shared directly or through a database operation with partners. Sharing of such information can be in such a detailed, abbreviated, or coded form as may from time to time be decided by Sanlam Reality or by the partners. Sharing of data is for the purpose of improving the Sanlam Reality service and/or benefits to members. This includes sending and/or receiving member data to and from partners.
- Sanlam Reality will ensure that member information shared with partners only contain the minimum information needed for the purpose of sharing the data.
- Sanlam Reality will process and protect your personal information as required by relevant laws and the constitution of the RSA. This may include medical, health, vehicle tracking and financial information. You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information and to update or correct it.
- We collect, process, collate, store, analyse and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- Improving the service, tier points and benefits to members
- To comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, including applicable codes of conduct in our industry;
- To protect Sanlam Reality’s interests; and
- Any purposes related to the above.
- Information transmitted via the Internet or other networks, whether wireless or otherwise, may be subject to interception. Sanlam Reality therefore takes all reasonable precaution to ensure that your use of Sanlam Reality is secure, but is not liable for any loss, of any nature, that you may suffer because of your using Sanlam Reality.